With the involvement of a large amount of technology in the sphere of Business, it delivers useful and relevant information on Business in order to improve its productivity and performance. Follow Business Module Hub for more such informative blogs starting career to business opportunities; travel to lifestyle and many more.
What is a business tool?
Business tools or a BI tool is basically a software application specially designed for data analyzing to provide meaningful information on the new trends and opportunities in the Business. These tools make use of technologies and methods for data analyzing. This information helps decision-makers to make effective decisions. These tools are essential for identifying the behavior of the customers, enhances business efficiency and visibility. BI makes use of certain terms like Big Data, Data warehouse, and data mining. There are certain impacts of using a business tool:
- finding easy solutions for complex business problems
- Aligning the activities of a business according to the tactics and strategies of the corporate sector
- empowerment of the employees
- Reduces time in the manipulation of data
- Getting customer insights
- recognizing critical areas for estimation of costs
- enhances the productivity of the Business
Top 5 Business Intelligence Tools (BI TOOLS)
Business intelligence online time and attendance Tools is basically a software application to analyze and read data in order to find information for taking effective decisions for Business.
- SAS– SAS is one of the famous tools which help the customers to derive the right information, at the right time and to the right people. This tool helps in cooperating between the sources of data and the final users, helps in data protection with resolution and identification of security issues, helps the end-users to analyze of the real-time to facilitate them to create self-reports, and it supports governance, metadata, visualization of data and scalability. It has a direct impact on the company’s performance, and it helps the IT departments to focus more on productive activities rather than the collateral things, which are of no value to the company. This intelligence tool comprises of two components- Business Visualization and Enterprise Business Intelligence. This tool helps in boosting up of the consistency of the data.
- Birst– The first proprietary SAAS Business Intelligence Platform is Birst, which is associated with the discovery of data, analyzing, and reporting. This BI tool which unites together the whole organization through a system of entwined virtualized BI examples with a mutual regular diagnostic texture. The main advantage of this tool is that it delivers the speed, self-administration, and strong demands of the business workers, and the security, scale, and control to satisfy thorough the guidelines of the corporate information. Birst conveys the majority of this and substantially more with low TCO by means of open or private cloud designs. Another feature is that it is a simple platform and collects data from different other systems. For faster decision making, this tool is better than the other traditional tools.
- WebFOCUS– WebFOCUS is one of the business intelligence tools used for retrieving information, and it allows the users to find information on various databases and file systems with the help of a browser. This BI tool platform helps in disseminating information to the customers, managers, employees, partners, and analysts. WebFOCUS give these interactive statistics via portable analytics, ad hoc reporting, and dashboards. Some of the most significant benefits of using this tool are as follows: Monitoring and tracking the performance of the company, giving access to analytical tools and analytics, solutions for data integrity and consistency, coordinating the infrastructure integration that uses, cleanses, resolves and involves in the preparation of data for the purpose of Business Intelligence. Some of the popular applications include- RSat, InfoDiscovery, and ReportCaster. WebFOCUS provides essential data to the end-users via user-friendly info applications.
- BusinessObject– SAP BusinessObjects is an investigating and reporting BI Tool meant for the business clients. It comprises of various detailing applications that enable clients to find information, perform an investigation to infer bits of knowledge and make reports that picture knowledge information. SAP BO is planned to make detailing and investigation basic for business clients to allows the end-users to make reports and accomplish procedures like prescient analytics devoid of requiring the contribution of the data analysts. The applications of the BusinessObject, business intelligence tool, makes use of simplified capacities and enable clients to look and break down information from a wide assortment of sources. This BI tool is considered to be one of the best front end tools, and therefore, the information is obtained from the back end sources. Some of the important applications include- Web Intelligence, Crystal reports, QaaWS, BusinessObjects Explorer, SAP Lumira, etc. The best thing about this tool is that it boosts up the process of the decision-making process, increases responsiveness, and reduces the extra workload, and it helps in improving the autonomy of the business users.
- Pentaho– Pentaho is a commercial tool which basically aims at making the right and data-driven decisions. For all the needs of business analytics, Pentaho is the one-stop solution for all. The Pentaho server has different versions like enterprise, professional standard, open-source, and professional premium. The tool makes use of three layers- the presentation layer, second is analysis, reporting, dashboard, and the third one of Business Intelligence. The tool provides information on interactive analytics by making use of cloud support. Another good advantage is that it makes use of rich navigation and visualization of data. This BI platform consists of data mining, integration of data, and predictive data analytics. The tool absorbs information from different sources and helps the users for collecting and managing data.
To conclude, Business Intelligence, as the term suggests, is meant for improving the performance of Business very intelligently and skillfully. The manual processes of the Business can hardly achieve the aims and purpose of the organization. Therefore it is very important to make use of BI tools because it makes the process of decision easier and manageable. The business intelligence tools are quite dynamic in nature; which means it keeps on changing according to the business requirements. However, as for now, this is the best way of achieving the targets of Business.